Senior Research Awards
Below are the guidelines for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) Senior Research Awards:
Objective: To provide established researchers with funds to generate sufficient preliminary data to become competitive for funds from other sources such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Applicant Eligibility: Applicant must hold an MD and/or PhD (or equivalent degree) and must be employed by an institution (public non-profit, private non-profit, or government) that is engaged in health care and/or health-related research. He/she must have attained independence from his/her mentor. Eligibility is not restricted by citizenship or geography.
Proposal Eligibility: Proposal must be relevant to Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's disease and/or ulcerative colitis). Only one application is allowed per applicant per submission date. Simultaneous submission of a Senior Research Award and a Training Award is not permitted.
Senior Research Awards Costs: Total maximum award per year: $115,830 (subject to annual progress report approval).
- Direct Costs: up to $105,300 per year
- Indirect Costs: 10% of direct costs, or up to $10,530
- Duration of Award: One to Three Years
CCFA uses the Proposal Central system for all grants submissions. Just select the CCFA program to which you are applying. All CCFA instructions and policies are available at this site. Please direct any grants related questions to email@example.com or call (646) 943-7501.
Spring/Summer Deadline Dates
- Letter of Intent Deadline — November 1st
- Online Application Submission Deadline - January 14th @ 5PM Eastern (Paper application no longer required)
- Review—April through May
- Decisions sent to applicants: June
- Start Date for Selected Projects—July 1st
Fall/Winter Deadline Dates
- Letter of Intent—May 1st @ 5PM Eastern
- Online Application Submission Deadline – July 1st @ 5PM Eastern (Paper application no longer required)
- Review—October through November
- Decisions sent to applicants: December
- Start Date for Selected Projects—January 1st