Research Fellowship Awards
Below please find guidelines for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) Research Fellowship Awards:
Objective: Research Fellowship Awards are intended to encourage the development of individuals with research potential to help them prepare for a career of independent basic and/or clinical investigation in the area of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Applicant Eligibility: Individuals who are already well established in the field of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) research are not considered eligible for this award. At the time of application, applicants must be employed by an institution (public non-profit, private non-profit, or government) engaged in health care and/or health related research within the United States. Research is not restricted by citizenship; however, proof of legal work status is required. Applicants must hold an MD and/or PhD (or equivalent degree). Candidates holding MD degrees must have two years of post-doctoral experience—one year of which must be documented research experience relevant to IBD. Applicants holding PhDs must have at least one year of documented post-doctoral research relevant to IBD.
Proposal Eligibility: Proposals MUST be relevant to IBD (Crohn's Disease or ulcerative colitis). Only one application is allowed per applicant per submission date. Simultaneous submission of a Senior Research Award and a Research Training Award is not permitted.
Time Commitment: Awardees must devote a minimum of 90% of his/her professional time directly to the project.
Stipend & Institutional Allowance: Award salary will match applicants’ institutional salary (salaries may be supplemented by the applicants’ institutions), depending on postgraduate year (PGY) level, up to $45,000 per year. Fringe benefits are allowed according to institutional policies, not to exceed 25% of the salary award (up to $11,250 per year). CCFA will also provide up to $2,000 to be used for non-salary/fringe expenses directly related to the project—including travel to scientific meetings and/or professional membership dues. These funds may not be used to supplement the awardees’ salary/fringe benefits.
Apply for the Research Fellowship Award
CCFA uses the Proposal Central system for all grants submissions. Just select the CCFA program to which you are applying. All CCFA instructions and policies are available at this site. Please direct any grants related questions to email@example.com or call (646) 943-7501.
Fall/Winter Deadline Dates
- Letter of Intent – November 1st
- Online Application Submission Deadline - January 14th @ 5PM Eastern (Paper application must be postmarked no later than January 14th)
- Review – April through May
- Start Date for Selected Projects – July 1st
Spring/Summer Deadline Dates
- Letter of Intent – May 1st @ 5PM Eastern
- Online Application Submission Deadline – July 1st @ 5PM Eastern (Paper application must be postmarked no later than July 1st)
- Review – October through November
- Start Date for Selected Projects – January 1st
Research Fellowship Awards
- Award: up to $58,250 per year
- Duration of Award: One to Three Years
- Total maximum award per year: $58,250 (subject to annual progress report approval).