Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Train for a half marathon while raising funds for crucial research. Teams
forming now -- find yours today!
Mike McCready Writes About CCFA Awareness Week on HuffingtonPost.com
In honor of IBD advocate Jennifer Jaff, Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready closes out Crohn's & Colitis Awareness Week with an eloquent open-letter on the Huffington Post website about how Awareness Week affects him and the 1.4 million Americans with these diseases. He begins the article saying simply,
"My name is Mike McCready and I have lived with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease for 25 years. Despite this diagnosis, I have a fortunate career as the lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, a beautiful family, and (I) am an advocate -- along with my wife -- for people struggling with these same diseases."
McCready, who suffers from ulcerative colitis and Crohn's, goes on to share his experience being a part of a legendary rock band while managing his IBD and how he was introduced to CCFA. Read the article in its entirety here.
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America and ResearchMatch Join Forces
- Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis Affecting a Growing Number of Children and Families in the U.S.
- CCFA Partners With Bertucci's Italian Resturant for Awareness Week 2015
- FDA Approves Humira for the Treatment of Crohn’s Disease in Children
- HBO’s “The Leftovers” Star Amy Brenneman Lends Her Voice To Help Raise Awareness for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in new PSA