Mike McCready Writes About CCFA Awareness Week on HuffingtonPost.com
In honor of IBD advocate Jennifer Jaff, Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready closes out Crohn's & Colitis Awareness Week with an eloquent open-letter on the Huffington Post website about how Awareness Week affects him and the 1.4 million Americans with these diseases. He begins the article saying simply,
"My name is Mike McCready and I have lived with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease for 25 years. Despite this diagnosis, I have a fortunate career as the lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, a beautiful family, and (I) am an advocate -- along with my wife -- for people struggling with these same diseases."
McCready, who suffers from ulcerative colitis and Crohn's, goes on to share his experience being a part of a legendary rock band while managing his IBD and how he was introduced to CCFA. Read the article in its entirety here.
- Empowering Crohn's Patients With Interactive Decision Aid
- Escape The Stall Campaign Featured In The New York Times
- The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America Introduces GI Buddy
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Adds Live Chat Series to Online Community
- NFL Star Matt Light Talks About His Crohn's To Men's Fitness Magazine