Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Train for a half marathon while raising funds for crucial research. Teams
forming now -- find yours today!
FDA Approves New Ulcerative Colitis Medication
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved its new 400 mg mesalamine product indicated for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. The Company released and marketed the product as DELZICOL™ (mesalamine) 400 mg delayed-release capsules.
DELZICOL (mesalamine) delayed-release capsules are indicated for the treatment of mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis and for the maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis. For information on dosage and administration, contraindications, warnings and precautions, adverse reactions, and other important safety and other prescribing information see http://www.wcrx.com/pdfs/pi/pi_delzicol.pdf.
Warner Chilcott is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company currently focused on the women's healthcare, gastroenterology, urology and dermatology segments of the branded pharmaceuticals market, primarily in North America. We are a fully integrated company with internal resources dedicated to the development, manufacture and promotion of our products.
- Expanding IBD Research Through Collaboration
- Largest Microbiome Study on Newly Diagnosed Patients Gives Insight Into Crohn’s Disease and Shows Antibiotic Treatment May Worsen Disease
- Two Studies Identify Promising New Drug for IBD Patients
- Information Statement-Asacol® No Longer Available in US
- FDA Approves Drug For Short Bowel Syndrome