Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Train for a half marathon while raising funds for crucial research. Teams
forming now -- find yours today!
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America Debuts New, Interactive Website Geared Especially for College Students
Lenora E. Houseworth
(646) 943-7415; email@example.com
New York, NY (October 1, 2012): The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to curing Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, is excited to introduce a brand new website especially for college students with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), Campus Connection (www.ccfa.org/campus-connection/). CCFA teamed up again with the Pittsburgh-based digital marketing agency BarkleyREI, who also developed the company’s main site, on the development of Campus Connection.
“The goal of this website is to provide resources focused on improving the quality of life and overcoming obstacles college students with IBD face,” said Richard Geswell, president of CCFA. “We worked very closely with our National Youth Leadership Council to create a cutting-edge, multi-media experience that empowers and connects a growing number of young Americans dealing with these debilitating diseases.”
There are an estimated 1 in 200 Americans suffering from IBD. The new Campus Connection website is an extension of CCFA’s parent site www.ccfa.org, with its main message being “You’re Not Alone.”
Key features of the new Campus Connection website include:
• A “Plot” yourself on the map application, allowing students to submit their profile and school information
• Information on campus-based fundraisers, support groups, and events
• User-generated discussions with other students affected with IBD via Facebook and other social media tools
• An interactive map highlighting where to find other students throughout the country and a searchable directory of student connections
• Fresh content including National Youth Leadership Council profiles, videos, diet tips, and health insurances advice geared toward new and current college students dealing with IBD
“College can be a difficult, transitionary time for even the healthiest student,” added Geswell. “We are committed to creating a digital space that addresses the unique needs of college-aged patients so that they can go on to become happy, successful young adults with fulfilling lives.”
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is the largest voluntary nonprofit health organization dedicated to finding cures for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). CCFA’s mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults who suffer from these diseases. The Foundation works to fulfill its mission by funding research, providing educational resources for patients and their families, medical professionals, and the public, and furnishing supportive services for those afflicted with IBD. For more information, visit www.ccfa.org, call 888-694-8872, like us on Facebook, find us on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.
Founded in 1998, BarkleyREI is a nationally recognized digital marketing agency. Based in Pittsburgh, BarkleyREI offers a full range of services, including strategic communications planning, website design, email marketing, online and search marketing, user experience testing, content management solutions, and web application development for a prestigious client roster in the higher education, cultural and non-profit, consumer and lifestyle, and travel and tourism industries. For more information, or to view a client list and portfolio of work, please visit www.barkleyrei.com.
- Expanding IBD Research Through Collaboration
- HBO’s “The Leftovers” Star Amy Brenneman Lends Her Voice To Help Raise Awareness for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in new PSA
- Gut Microbiome Points To Cures and Treatment for IBD
- Genetic and Microbiome Discoveries Point the Way to New Treatments for Crohn's & Colitis
- New Research Leads to New Tests and Targeted Treatments for Young Patients with Crohn's Disease
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America's mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. The Foundation ranks third among leading health non-profits in the percentage of expense devoted to research toward a cure, with more than 80 cents of every dollar the Foundation spends going to mission-critical programs. The Foundation consistently meets the standards of organizations that monitor charities, including the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance (give.org) and the American Institute of Philanthropy (charitywatch.org).