Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Train for a half marathon while raising funds for crucial research. Teams
forming now -- find yours today!
Information Statement-Asacol® No Longer Available in US
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), in an effort to educate our constituents about the changes to Asacol® and the newly issued Delzicol™, has prepared the following information. Please share this information with your healthcare provider.
As of April 1, 2013, the medication Asacol® is no longer being distributed in the United States. Once the supplies currently in pharmacies are out of stock, the product will no longer be available. While Asacol® is no longer being distributed in the United States, the manufacturer; Warner Chilcott has replaced it with a product called Delzicol™. Several other mesalamines are commercially available which can also can be substituted for Asacol in the treatment of your Crohn’s diseases or ulcerative colitis. You should contact your healthcare provider to discuss your specific medication needs. You can also review our medication brochure for more information on mesalamines at http://www.ccfa.org/assets/pdfs/understanding-ibd-medication.pdf
For more information about the discontinuation of Asacol®, please contact the Warner Chilcott medical information desk directly at 1-800-521-8813 ext. 3236.
- FDA Approves UCERIS® (Budesonide) 2mg Rectal Foam for the Induction of Remission of Mild-to-Moderate Distal Ulcerative Colitis
- Expanding IBD Research Through Collaboration
- Largest Microbiome Study on Newly Diagnosed Patients Gives Insight Into Crohn’s Disease and Shows Antibiotic Treatment May Worsen Disease
- Two Studies Identify Promising New Drug for IBD Patients
- FDA Approves New Ulcerative Colitis Medication