His Story-CCFA Awareness Clown
The clock is ticking and there is a room full of excited little kids waiting to be entertained opening night at the circus. What they don’t know is the star of the show is in the bathroom completely crippled from the pain of his Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) don’t care if you are a clown or a king. For the nearly 1 in 200 Americans suffering from IBD, like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, at any given moment your life can become a three-ring circus. Debilitating pain and constant disruption take a physical and emotional toll that can be devastating.
Support the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America with these quick, easy ways:
• Write to your legislators and encourage them to join the Crohn's & Colitis Caucus.
• "Like" CCFA on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ccfafb) and follow CCFA on Twitter
(@CCFA), Instagram (@ccfa_national), YouTube (www.youtube.com/ccfa) and Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/ccfa).
• Sign up for CCFA's monthly e-newsletter.
• A little goes a long way! Start your own fundraising page.
• Reach out to anyone you know with IBD and let them know you care! Ask them to visit www.ccfa.org to learn more about the diseases and our patient resources. Our Information Resource Center is available for calls as well -- (learn more about what the Resource Center has to offer!)
(Pictured) CCFA Awareness Clown spreads awareness in NYC last week. Find out if our clown was able to perform opening night at the circus and watch his video here. Don't forget--talk to him on Twitter @CCFAclown!