Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
6:00 p.m. | Tulsa, Oklahoma
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America invites patients, families and caregivers living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis to the educational program Understanding Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: What Every Patient Needs to Know. Consisting of a live and interactive presentation by Dr. Scott Hendrickson, as well as a question-and-answer session.
6:00 PM | Little Rock, Arkansas
Join the CCFA invites you to join us for a FREE informational presentation and interactive question-and-answer session that will outline the risk and benefits of various therapies for inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), and ways to advocate for optimal IBD care.
10am | Roger, Arkansas
Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis is CCFA’s largest fundraising event having touched over 240,000 people and raised nearly $60M to help further the Foundation’s mission. Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M. 82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
3:00 PM | Charleston, South Carolina
Take Steps Walk Charleston, SC area
6:00-7:30 PM | Chapel Hill, North Carolina
7:00-8:30 p.m. | Albuquerque, New Mexico
This educational event consists of a live and interactive presentation by Dr. Abdo Saad from Presbyterian Hospital, as well as a question-and-answer session. We will discuss current treatments and surgical approaches in IBD, risks and benefits of these treatment approaches, steps to take when re-evaluating the treatment plan after current therapy fails, and how to advocate for optimal IBD care.
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM | Baltimore, Maryland
3:00 PM | Waco, Texas
9:00am-12:30pm | Omaha, Nebraska
Join us for our first annual half-day patient education conference in Omaha, NE.
8:15 AM- 2:45 PM | Houston, Texas
Education Conference, IBD Education Conference