Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Pedal through Get Your Guts in Gear, a three-day bicycle ride that helps support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
6:00pm - 8:00pm | Independence, Missouri
This event is designed to meet the educational needs of registered nurses involved in the care of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD).
6:00 - 8:00 pm | Overland Park, Kansas
An interactive educational program for parents of children living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Presented by: Dr. Julie Bass
Nurses play a vital role in the care and management of IBD for patients. Given the rise of IBD cases, the chronic nature of the disease and new therapies being developed at a rapid pace, it is vital that nurses at all levels and in all areas of practice have the knowledge and skill set to manage patients with IBD. Join us for this free educational activity on the latest in IBD and earn 1.5 credits!
Approximately 50,000 children in the United States suffer from inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), which include Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Children with IBD have unique needs. In this program, patients and their family members will learn about special considerations for children with IBD and how to address these issues.
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. | Washington , District of Columbia
Living Well with IBD is a patient education program and will include topics on treatment options, nutrition, and surgery.
An educational program for patients, families, and caregivers living with Crohn's disease and ulcerative Colitis.
1:30pm - 3:30pm | San Diego, California
Join us for a day of fun at Sky High Sports- Jump sky high on the indoor wall-to-wall trampolines and foam pit! Each youth patient will receive one ticket. Family and friends are invited to attend. Please refer to the Sky High Sports website for ticket costs. December 14, 2013 1:30pm - 3:30 PM Please RSVP by December 10, 2013
4:00 PM | Chapel Hill, North Carolina
A FREE event for youth, ages 7-17, living with IBD.