Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
6:00pm | Boston, Massachusetts
A professional education dinner at Boston's Hampshire House featuring Dr. Miguel Regueiro of the University of Pittsburgh
Little Rock, Arkansas
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure!
3:00 PM | Charlotte, North Carolina
Join us for a fun and exciting day at CCFA's largest Fundraiser the Take Steps Walk
10am festivities start; 11am walk starts | Staten Island, New York
Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis is CCFA’s largest fundraising event having touched over 240,000 people and raised nearly $60M to help further the Foundation’s mission. Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M. 82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
Bass Lake, California
Come to Bass Lake with Team Challenge, America's friendliest and most scenic triathlon. Swim in picturesque Bass Lake, voted one of California's most beautiful lakes. Then bike around the lake on a challenging roads through the Sierra National Forest. Finish up with a run along the lakeshore to the finish line and the grand BBQ and Awards Ceremony.
9:00AM-12:00PM | Cincinnati, Ohio
Take Steps, Be Heard for Crohn's and Colitis- Cincinnati. May 30th, 2015 @ Sharon Woods
4:00 PM | St. Paul, Minnesota
St. Louis, Missouri
Join us for a family friendly walk to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for Crohn's and ulcerative colitis!
Des Plaines, Illinois
June 1 Patient Education Program 6:30 -8:30 pm in Des Plaines, IL Featuring: Dr. Jerrold Schwartz, Dr. David Sales, and Dr. Joel Retsky September 10 Patient Education Program 6:30-8:30 pm in Downers Grove, IL
TBA | Manhasset, New York