Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
7:00 pm | New York, New York
Join us at the fundraising event that started it all for CCFA. Since 1968, our Awards Dinner has been the backbone of our efforts to raise funds and awareness as well as to provide support to the CCFA community. We are honoring our Man of the Year, Warren Heck, Chairman of the Board, GNY Insurance Companies and the Suzanne Rosenthal Humanitarian of the Year, Richard Geswell, President & CEO, CCFA (2006-2015). Special performance by Joe Piscopo celebrating Frank Sinatra's centennial.
6:30-8:30 PM | Laguna Hills, California
This year the AIBD conference will be held on December 10-12, 2015 in Orlando, Florida. This "can't miss" event for healthcare professionals and researchers will feature more content, special events, and attendees than ever before. The conference offers workshops, a four-track format designed for clinicians, researchers, allied health professionals, nurses, and pediatric gastroenterologists.
7:00 - 9:00 PM | Merrick, New York
Join us for this FREE educational program with Dr. Lu of Cohen Children's Medial Center.
12:30PM-5:00PM | Orlando, Florida
Pediatric IBD Education Program- Join us at the Nemours Children's Health System for a free live education program entitled Pediatric IBD: What Parents Need to Know. In this program , parents, patients and their family members will learn about special considerations for children with IBD and how to address these issues. Break-out Sessions: School Dynamics, Cooking demonstration
2:00 PM | Fullerton, California
7:30 pm | Murray, Utah
The Utah Support Group Holiday Party will take place at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray on Thursday, December 17 starting at 7:30 pm. Come meet some great people at an informal setting. It will be a pot-luck outing so bring your favorite dessert to share.
6:00-8:00 PM | Nashville, Tennessee
Play on the Colts turf!! Teams will raise funds and compete in a flag football tournament at the Colts practice facility!
Team Challenge is the featured training program for the December 20th Hot Buttered Run 10k! Join us for a fun-filled, holiday-themed event for the whole family while helping raise awareness and funds for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. After you finish the 10K, Barefoot Restaturant will have a Hot Buttered Rum (21+) or Hot Chocolate waiting for you!