Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Pedal through Get Your Guts in Gear, a three-day bicycle ride that helps support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
6:45 PM | Holywood, Florida
Give the gift of laughter and help find a cure! Join presenting sponsors Paul B. Tartell, M.D. FACS, in memory of Dr. Paul Rozen, and Todd Goldberg and the Memorial Hospital West Medical Staff, at the Improv Comedy Club of Fort Lauderdale for an evening of comedy to benefit the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). Taking place at 6:45 p.m. on May 19, 2013 at 5700 Seminole Way at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, this event will feature a live comedic performance by Ryan Stout who is known for his regular appearances on Chelsea Lately, Conan, Comedy Central Presents and “Live at Gotham.” Show tickets are $25 with the purchase of a two-drink minimum. Tickets are available for purchase online here. For more information, or to sponsor this event, contact Sabrina Kurzman at 305-310-35507 or at SABS64@aol.com. Stay up to date on all event news on Facebook or Twitter.
4:00 PM | Santa Barbara, California
Take Steps is the nation's largest event dedicated to finding cures for digestive diseases. Get excited! It's time to Take Steps!!
6:30pm | Blue Ash, Ohio
at Fleet Feet (Blue Ash). Choose your challenge! RSVP to an information meeting to learn more about how you can run/walk a half marathon to benefit the Crohn's & Colitis research!
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. | Dallas, Texas
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s North Texas Chapter is teaming up with W.A.A.S. Gallery and resident artist Daniel Leighton for our first-ever art and awareness event on Saturday, May 25th.
8 am - 12 pm | Lakewood, Colorado
Besides solely handing in donations and registering team members, participants can pick up event t-shirts, wristbands and visors as well. 1st Collection Day: Thursday, May 30 , 8 am-12 pm, 274 Union Blvd, Suite 200, Lakewood, CO 80228
6:30pm | West Chester, Ohio
at Midpointe Library (West Chester). Choose your challenge! RSVP to an information meeting to learn more about how you can run/walk a half marathon to benefit the Crohn's & Colitis research!
Check-in and Festival Start: 4:00 PM, Walk Start: 4:30 PM | Boston, Massachusetts
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure.
Registration opens at 9:30 AM, walk begins at 11:00 AM
4 p.m. | Anchorage, Alaska
3 p.m. | Boise, Idaho