Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
3:00 pm | Akron, Ohio
Take Steps is a 2 mile walk and celebration that brings nearly 1,000 people together to raise awareness and funds to support patient programs, education efforts, and further critical research for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. It is estimated that 1 in 200 people are affected by IBD, including 20,000 Ohioans living right here in Northeast Ohio.
2:00 p.m. | Wausau, Wisconsin
Join us in Wausau as we Take Steps for IBD!
Get a discounted registration for the Queen Bee Half Marathon with Team Challenge
3-6pm | West Windsor, New Jersey
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event dedicated to curing digestive diseases. Join participants from Central New Jersey at the 4th annual Mercer County Take Steps Walk for Crohn's & Colitis. This is a family friendly event and participants of all ages are welcome! Register Online: www.cctakesteps.org/mercercounty or via phone: (646) 306-0729
9:30-12:00 | Chapel Hill, North Carolina
7:00 PM | Des Plaines, Illinois
Please join us for a free patient education program taking place on Tuesday, October 14th from 7:00-8:15pm at the O'Hare Lake Office Park. Dr. Stephen Hanauer, Medical Director of the Digestive Disease Center at Northwestern Medicine is our keynote speaker. He will be speaking on "Take Control: Managing IBD Decisions". Check in will begin at 6:30 pm.
5:00pm - 9:00pm
Speaker: Raymond Cross, MD, MS, AGAF - Review Crohn's disease and its effect on the body - Discuss current treatment oprions including medications and surgery - Learn tips for managing Crohn's disease - Share resources to answer your questions
7 - 8:30 PM | Independence, Ohio
Education program designed for those affected by Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
NEW! Know your IBD: Webcast Series for Patients Join us for a 3-part educational webcast series that will provide disease-specific information and discuss how biologic therapy is used to treat IBD. These programs are co-sponsored with the American Gastroenterological Association Institute. o Understanding Crohn’s Disease, October 16th, 2014, 8-9:15 PM EST o Understanding Ulcerative Colitis, October 23rd, 2014, 8-9:15 PM EST o What to Know About Biologic Therapy in IBD, October 30th, 8-9:15 PM EST .Sign up today! REGISTRATION LINK HERE