Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
Boca Raton, Florida
Join CCFA’s South Florida Chapter for a memorable afternoon at the 27th Annual Book of Hope Luncheon Presented by Heritage Auctions on Monday, March 13, 2017 at the Boca Raton Resort & Club!
New York, New York
Join us on the 9th Floor at the Dome as we celebrate San Diego community members who are making a difference! LYNNE CARLSON, Hero Among Us Award ROBERT GOLDKLANG, M.D., Physician of the Year Award GEORGE YOUNG, Rolf Benirschke Legacy Award 5:00pm Sunset cocktails and silent auction 6:30pm Inspirational Program Special Thanks to Our Event Co-Chairs SUSAN VON POSERN, LAUREL SMITH, DEBBIE HART & LAURA ROSENTHAL
9:00am - 3:30pm | Bloomington, Minnesota
9:00 AM-3:30 PM | Seattle, Washington
6:00pm | Chesterfield, Missouri
8 Rounds of Trivia PLUS Table Decorating Contest, Raffle Auction, Booze Raffle, and 50/50 Raffle!
10:00 am to 2:30 pm | Boulder, Colorado
The Rocky Mountain Chapter Medical Advisory Committee has designed a half day program for patients and caregivers on the topic of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). The program will empower shared-decision making and collaboration between the patient, caregiver and their healthcare team in finding the best course of treatment including when to use complementary treatments to assist the alleviation of IBD symptoms. Dr. Joshua Korzenik from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts and a leading researcher on IBD and diet will give our keynote address, and local IBD experts will be speaking on medical marijuana, placebos, and Chinese medicines and acupuncture, among other areas of CAM.
8:00 AM | Tustin, California
Come out for a walk or run & lots of fun to get a taste of Team Challenge!
Phoenix Take Steps Walk 2017
11:00am-2:00pm | New York, New York
Annual fashion show and luncheon produced by Moda Operandi. Luncheon Chairs are Ellen Crown, Lara Englebardt Metz, Elyse Newhouse, Carolyn Rowan, Michelle Swarzman & Michele Sweetwood