Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
9:00 am to 1:00 pm | Salt Lake City, Utah
On October 29th (Saturday) from 9 am to 1 pm, CCFA will be hosting our annual half-day patient education symposium, “You, Me and IBD” at the University of Utah Officer’s Club. This year’s program will be a great one…including a keynote address by Dr. John Valentine on research in IBD, as well as breakout sessions on complementary care, the psychological impact of IBD by a therapist specializing in chronic illness, and a talk on pain and placebos by a TED fellow. Breakfast and lunch are provided and this event is designed for both newly diagnosed and seasoned Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis patients to attend with their loved ones.
9:30 am | Boca Raton, Florida
Free interactive education program open to the public which will include information for patients, caregivers & family members on Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis presented by the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Florida Chapter.
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Irvine, California
A half-day conference designed to educate the IBD patient community about new developments.
Check-In: 12:00 pm Cycling Relay: 1:00 pm Celebratory Reception: 3:30 pm | Baltimore, Maryland
Kansas City, Missouri
Save the Date!! for the 2016 Kansas City Patient Education Program designed for newly as well as veteran patients. Stay tuned...agenda is currently being created.
6:00pm | Bloomington, Minnesota
Join us for the Evening of Hope Gala to find a cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and silent auction begin at 6:00pm. After-party with dancing to follow.
Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis on Saturday, October 29th at 2:00pm at Highland Road Park
12:30pm-6:00pm | Boston, Massachusetts
6:30-8pm | Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Join us at one of the events below for an expert-led, interactive workshop on providing optimal care to patients with inflammatory bowel disease. A gastroenterology nurse expert will review best methods to screen and risk-stratify patients, evaluate treatment options, and apply shared decision making to improve adherence and optimize outcomes. Take-home resources will also be available for use in your own clinic.