Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
New Orleans, Louisiana
A new addition to the Team Challenge roster, New Orleans is one of the country’s most culturally, architecturally and musically interesting cities. The Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon unfolds along a course through the city in the days leading up to Mardi Gras, the annual pre-Lent party to end all parties!
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Richmond , Virginia
Come out and help us kickoff our Richmond Take Steps Walk. In addition, we will host an education session and provide the latest information on IBD.
5:30pm | Tulsa, Oklahoma
Please join us for the 2016 Take Steps TULSA Kick-Off Celebration and IBD Education Event on March 10th at Meadowbrook Country Club. Dr. Scott Hendrickson, Gastroenterologist and Medical Director of Metabolic Services at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® will host an IBD informational presentation & interactive questions-and-answer session.
6:00 PM | Cincinnati, Ohio
at Dave & Busters in Springdale! RSVP to learn more about how you can conquer Crohn's & Colitis with the Team Challenge family! Our summer destinations include the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon, in addition to cycle and triathlon events.
New York, New York
IAS provides gastroenterologists, immunologists, internists, dermatologists, rheumatologists, and other specialists with groundbreaking collaborative care approaches to treating patients with interrelated imune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMIDs), such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and inflammatory bowel disease, as well as extra-intestinal manifestations like psoriasis and sondyloarthritis.
9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Wilmington, Delaware
This program is for pediatric patients and their families in which they will learn more about IBD.
8:30 am - 2:30 pm | Albany, New York
6:00 - 8:00 PM | Kirkwood, Missouri
Bring your friends and family to The Magic House for an evening of family fun! Learn more about CCFA & the Take Steps Walk, meet our Honored Heroes and connect with other local families affected by Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.