Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
Run or walk a half marathon and train for one our great destination races. In exchange for fundraising, Team Challenge participants receive personalized training by professional run and walk coaches in local markets for an entire season.
Join Team Challenge for a life changing experience at the Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon in Portland, Maine! Team Challenge is an endurance training and fundraising program unlike any other. It’s a unique opportunity to change your life and the lives of others. After our customized half marathon training program, you will have forged new friendships and accomplished things you never thought possible. No matter what your fitness level, you will train for a rewarding and exciting half marathon in beautiful wine country, while raising vital funds to help find cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. The Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon is Portland’s premier summertime running event that cuts through the heart of the Old Port district and West End neighborhood and features sweeping views of the Casco Bay and its many islands. The event is hosted from Portland’s Ocean Gateway Terminal. Race day is July 11, 2015.
Join Team Challenge this spring to train for a spectacular event in the buzzing city of Portland, Maine. The Old Port Half Marathon in Portland, Maine features a stunning 13.1 mile run along the beautiful water of the Casco Bay and through, what they call the "lifeblood" of Portland, downtown Commercial Street. The course is relatively flat with many different views on the opposite side of the water including glimpses of the Shipyard Brewery, amazing Linden tress, and the Portland skyline. With this being a new Team Challenge event it is sure to be a blast so don't miss out!
Camp Oasis is a co-ed residential summer camp program for children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
Napa-to-Sonoma is the flagship event in the Wine Country Half Marathon Series. This popular race features a fast and scenic course starting at Cuvaison Carneros Winery and finishing in historic Sonoma Plaza in front of City Hall. The world-renowned Napa and Sonoma Valleys serve as the host of this event, offering the finest in wine country ambience and hospitality.