Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
3:00pm | Fargo, North Dakota
3:00 p.m. | Fort Collins, Colorado
Join CCFA on Saturday, September 20 at 3:00 p.m. at City Park for a family-friendly community walk dedicated to raising awareness and mission-critical funds for cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. This wonderful event will also be filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, and educational materials.
9:00 am- 12:00 pm | Charlotte, North Carolina
8:30am-12:00pm | Brookfield, Wisconsin
Please join us for a free CCFA patient and family education program taking place at the Brookfield Sheraton Hotel
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | Denver, Colorado
Join CCFA on Saturday, September 20 at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center for a morning full of presentations and information on the latest in IBD and research. This educational opportunity will feature key note speaker Dr. David Ruben as well as two fabulous breakout sessions.
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners.
3PM | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hampton Roads Take Steps Walk
2:00PM | St Cloud, Minnesota
Here's what Team Challenge offers you: •Personalized fitness training by an experienced coach for a period of three to four months •Expenses-paid weekend away to a great destination race •A supportive team to train with each week •Training clinics and helpful tips on topics like nutrition, hydration, injury prevention and shoe fit •Team Manager, a dedicated staff person from CCFA who coordinates team events, guides you through fundraising, and is your #1 personal cheerleader •Mentor, a past participant of Team Challenge who can show you the ropes and be your personal fundraising coach •Team uniform including a training shirt and race day singlet
9:00am - 2:00pm | New York, New York
Learn about the latest advances in IBD treatment and enjoy a morning filled with exciting information that will cover topics relevant to both Pediatric and Adult IBD: Pediatric Emotional Health and Alternative Treatments, Transition of Care in Pediatric IBD, Microbiome Initiatives, New Treatments, Health Care Maintenance/Nutrition, Pregnancy, and Patient Assistance Programs.