Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Fairfax, Virginia
This program is open to all Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis patients, caregivers, and individuals interested in learning more about Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. This FREE education program features an expert presentation and an interactive question-and-answer session. Program topics include: medical therapy update, new treatments, nutritional therapy, IBD and sexuality, complimentary and alternative therapy, patient panel, and ask a doctor session.
Join Team Challenge Triathlon in Clearwater, Florida on November 9, 2014 and make a difference in the lives of millions while you achieve something you may have never thought possible! Our tremendous coaches and mentors will guide you step-by-step from day one across the finish line. Our team has a fantastic 100% race-day success rate with athletes of all athletic backgrounds. You can do this! We provide a comprehensive 16-week training program including swim, run, bike, and combination practices as well as informative clinics on all topics related to practicing and racing TriRock Clearwater
6:30pm | Newton, Massachusetts
An evening lecture that will outline the risk and benefits of various therapies for inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), and ways to advocate for optimal IBD care.
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM | Brookfield, Wisconsin
CCFA invites nurses and physicians to a free accredited seminar, with an interactive presentation will be given by Kristin Demitroulas McMahon, RN, MSN. Attendees will receive 1.5 continuing education contact hours.
7-8:30 PM | Overland Park, Kansas
This free informational presentation and interactive question-and-answer session will outline the risk and benefits of various therapies for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
6:30-8:00 pm | Atlanta, Georgia
6:30 PM | Troy, Michigan
A CNE activity for nurses and physician assistants involved in the care of patients with IBD
6:30-8:00 PM | Tacoma, Washington
7:00-8:30 p.m. | Colorado Springs, Colorado
Join CCFA for this patient education event on Thursday, November 13 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. at a location in Colorado Springs TBD. This program will be presented by Dr. Amethyst Kurbegov and will provide the latest information on treating Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
6:30pm | Little Rock, Arkansas
A local art auction for Crohn's & Colitis