Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 CCFA chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 300 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support CCFA.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local CCFA chapter.
Approximately 50,000 children in the United States suffer from inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), which include Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Children with IBD have unique needs. In this program, patients and their family members will learn about special considerations for children with IBD and how to address these issues.
9:00 am | Little Rock, Arkansas
Join the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation for a casual morning of education and networking. Come listen to speakers from UAMS and Arkansas Children's discuss various topics regarding Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Meet other patients and family members living with these diseases. Participants will have opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
3-6pm | West Windsor, New Jersey
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event dedicated to curing digestive diseases. Join participants from Central New Jersey at the 4th annual Mercer County Take Steps Walk for Crohn's & Colitis. This is a family friendly event and participants of all ages are welcome! Register Online: www.cctakesteps.org/mercercounty or via phone: (646) 306-0729
9:30-12:00 | Chapel Hill, North Carolina
10:00am | Brooklyn, New York
4:00pm Check in; 5:00pm Walk | Columbia, Missouri
Take Steps for Crohn’s & colitis is a family friendly community walk dedicated to raising awareness and mission-critical funds for cures for digestive diseases. In the past five years alone, we succeeded in bringing together over 100,000 people and raised close to $40 million to help further CCFA’s mission.
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Denver, Colorado
Come join football fans and CCFA supporters on Sunday, October 12 at the Icehouse Tavern as we watch the Broncos take on the New York Jets and learn more about the A Touch of Football Flag Football Tournament.
7:00 PM | Des Plaines, Illinois
Please join us for a free patient education program taking place on Tuesday, October 14th from 7:00-8:15pm at the O'Hare Lake Office Park. Dr. Stephen Hanauer, Medical Director of the Digestive Disease Center at Northwestern Medicine is our keynote speaker. He will be speaking on "Take Control: Managing IBD Decisions". Check in will begin at 6:30 pm.
7 - 8:30 PM | Independence, Ohio
Education program designed for those affected by Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis