Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps Be Heard, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support the Foundation.
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local chapter.
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Waukegan, Illinois
Join your friends from WI/IL Camp Oasis at a fun get-together to catch up and reminisce.
6 p.m. | Indianapolis, Indiana
The Great Gutsby Gala includes an evening filled with a cocktail reception, dinner, open bar, auction and live entertainment! For more information, please visit www.greatgutsbygala.com.
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Life isn’t always easy — especially for the thousands of youngsters who have inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). But kids can still be kids, even with IBD. A panel of health specialists will explore the aspects of living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. A unique group of experts, kids who suffer from IBD, will talk openly about how they cope with their disease.
6:00 - 7:30 pm | Denver, Colorado
We’re excited to plan visits to our federal representatives in Colorado. Join us on how to make these visits and create goals to bring awareness to our elected officials.
7:30 a.m. | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This event will highlight the advances in diagnosis and treatment of IBD. The program will include lectures by nationally and internationally recognized experts, followed by interactive panel discussions. A wide array of topics will be discussed including the pathophysiology of IBD, pharmacologic therapies and surgical interventions. Participants will receive a comprehensive overview of the latest available research and clinical information on evaluation and management of patients with IBD. This activity has been designed for gastroenterologists, gastrointestinal surgeons, GI fellows and residents, physician assistants, clinical nurse specialists, radiologists, pathologists, nutritionists and other health care professionals. This program is endorsed by The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter.
7pm | Greenwich, Connecticut
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm | Richmond, Virginia
Come join us for our annual Take Steps Kickoff and Education Program. Come connect with fellow participants, IBD patients and their loved ones, and your Take Steps support team. Also, get your questions answered during the “Ask a Doc” Session with two speakers.
8:30AM-12:30PM | Jupiter, Florida
Free IBD Educational Seminar, open to patients, caregivers, and medical professionals!
12pm-2pm | Dublin, Ohio
6:30pm | New York, New York
Join us for YP's 9th Annual Comedy Night, Belly Laughs honoring Jon Newman