Give Through Your IRA
Are you 70 ½ years or over?
Do you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)?
Do you make contributions to charities?
Would you like to make a tax free donation?
If the answer to ALL of these questions is YES, then please consider making a donation to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), directly from your IRA.
- The recently passed America Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 extends the IRA Rollover Provision through December 31, 2013. This provision allows donors age 70 ½ or older to give charities, such as CCFA, up to $100,000 per year from their IRAs, tax-free.
- It is not too late for an IRA Rollover gift (up to $100,000) to apply for 2012. IRA Rollover gifts made through January 31, 2012 can count as 2012 contributions.
- If you have taken an IRA distribution during the month of December 2012, a donation can be counted as a charitable rollover if contributed to a charity as cash before January 31, 2013.
- Throughout 2013, a contribution can be transferred directly from your IRA to the charity of your choice, the amount of the charitable contribution (up to $100,000) is excluded from your charitable income but you can’t double dip and claim a tax deduction for the donation too.
- Please consult with your IRA manager and tax advisor for more details.
To make a donation to CCFA, contact your IRA administrator by letter with your instructions and provide the following information:
- Amount of your donation
- Payable to The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- CCFA Tax ID number 13-6193105