Give Through Your IRA
Are you 70 ½ years or over?
Do you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)?
Do you make contributions to charities?
Would you like to make a tax free donation?
If the answer to ALL of these questions is YES, then please consider making a donation to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), directly from your IRA.
- The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 permanently extends the IRA Rollover Provision. This provision allows donors of age 70 ½ or older to make tax-free distributions of up to $100,000 from individual retirement accounts to a qualified charitable organization such as CCFA.
- A contribution can be transferred directly from your IRA to the charity of your choice. The amount of the charitable contribution (up to $100,000) is excluded from your charitable income. Please note you will not be able to double dip and claim a tax deduction for the donation.
- Only the IRA custodian can transfer gift amounts to a qualified organization. If IRA owners withdraw funds and contribute to a charity separately, amounts withdrawn will be taxable to the donor.
- CCFA does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
To make a donation to CCFA, contact your IRA administrator by letter with your instructions and provide the following information:
- Amount of your donation
- Payable to The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- CCFA Tax ID number 13-6193105
Attn: Allison Coffey
Vice President of Advancement
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
733 Third Avenue, Suite 510
New York, NY 10017
Please contact Allison Coffey at 917-476-6511 or email@example.com with any questions.