Donate Stock to CCFA
Your gift of appreciated stock will not only help us achieve our mission-critical goals, but it is also an easy, tax-smart way for you to give to CCFA. When giving appreciated stock, you'll receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock or mutual fund, and you'll avoid capital gains tax. It's a "win-win" gift for both you and CCFA!
Because electronic transfers often arrive with no donor name attached, we ask that when donating stock you contact the Foundation at 646.943.7425 with your name and the number and type of shares of your donation. This allows us to attribute your gift correctly, send you the proper tax documentation, and thank you for your generosity and support.
If you have the stock in a brokerage account:
Step 1: Write a letter to your broker asking him to transfer XX number of shares of XX stock into CCFA's name. In the letter include the stock's name and symbol, number of shares being transferred, donor name and the name of the firm sending the transfer. Include the following information:
State Street Bank Corp.
Account Name: Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
DTC # 987
CCFA Tax ID: 13-6193105
Please indicate whether your gift is to be directed to a specific event or program.
Send your letter to: Francis Smith at email@example.com or Alexis Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Send a copy of your letter of instructions to:Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of AmericaAttn: Amanda Monaghan733 3rd AveSuite 510New York, NY 10017
If you prefer, you can email it to email@example.com
It is important that you let us know you are making this gift, as electronic transfers often arrive with no donor name, and without your notification we will be unable to send you the proper tax documentation for your gift.
If you hold the stock certificate:
- Sign a stock power for each certificate and have your signature medallion guaranteed.
- Include a letter requesting transfer into CCFA's name.
- Then mail the stock power and the stock separately (this is to ensure against fraud if the envelope is lost) to the following address ...
Please provide notification and gift details to:
* Francis Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alexis Keller at email@example.com
* Amanda Monaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a copy of the letter to:Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of AmericaAttn: Amanda Monaghan733 3rd AveSuite 510New York, NY 10017
Gifts of Mutual Funds: CCFA can no longer accept gifts of mutual funds. We ask that you please liquidate and then make a gift to CCFA.
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Monaghan at email@example.com
Wire Transfers to CCFA
For Wire Transfers instructions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org