Volunteer & Support Camp Oasis
Become a Camp Oasis Volunteer
At Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) Camp Oasis sites, we rely heavily on our volunteer staff to ensure the safety and well-being of our campers. Volunteer counselor positions include cabin counselors, as well as activity specialists and junior counselors at limited sites.
Our volunteer pediatric or GI medical specialists include:
- Mental Health Specialists
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, we ask that you meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 19 years old (or 18 years old for sites with Junior Counselors)
- Demonstrate empathy for the physical and psychosocial aspects of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Interview with the Camp or Staffing Director
- Submit all of the required paperwork by the specified deadlines
- Pass Criminal Background, Sex Offender, and Reference Checks
- Attend entire staff orientation (dates vary by site—typically held one day before camp and one other weekend day prior to camp)
- Meet the specific duties and requirements of their assigned role
- Stay the entire duration of camp (see find a camp for more information)
- Abide by all of the rules and policies of CCFA and the host site
- Embody the mission and guiding principles of Camp Oasis
- Model standards for behavior that promote respect for health and welfare of the entire camp community
Camp Oasis seeks qualified people to serve in the following volunteer roles. Click your position of choice to APPLY NOW!
- Cabin Counselor
- Camp Physician
- Activity Specialist
- Camp Nurse
- Junior Counselor
- Camp Mental Health Professional
Note to Parents Interested in Volunteering: One of the most important outcomes that campers experience at Camp Oasis is an increased sense of independence. To foster that outcome, CCFA does not allow parents of campers to serve as camp counselors.
Note to Internationals Interested in Volunteering: We accept international applications at all camp locations. However, precedence will be given to those who live in the camp's territory. After you have applied, please contact the local camp office to inform them of your circumstance. Like all volunteers, if accepted, you will be responsible for getting yourself to and from camp, but your accommodations during the camp session will be covered.
Donate to Camp Oasis
Not everyone has the time to volunteer at one of our camps, but there is another way that you can help. If you would like to make a monetary donation to Camp Oasis you can do so online, or over the phone: (855) 847 - 9433. Your gift will help children living with IBD have a fun, educational, and memorable life experience at Camp Oasis.