Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter
Welcome to the Philadelphia/ Delaware Valley Chapter! We serve Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Central and Southern New Jersey and Northern Delaware areas.
• The Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter serves donors and constituents throughout Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Central and Southern New Jersey, and Northern Delaware.
• We reach more than 103,000 local constituents.
• Through various programs, we support our patients and family members with education programs, support groups, and community awareness and advocacy.
• Through our signature Take Steps Walk program, we engage over 3500 participants annually who walk and fundraise for CCFA.
• Through our signature endurance training program, Team Challenge, we engage more than 250 targeted endurance participants over the past 5 years from the greater Philadelphia area;they train for a 4-month period for various challenges and fundraise high dollar amounts for CCFA.
Here’s a quick list of what’s coming up in our chapter
- June 1, 2013 ~ Take Steps Scranton
- August 12- 17, 2013 ~ Camp Oasis (Camp Nock-a-Mixon)
- September 28, 2013 ~ IBD Health Symposium (South Jersey)
Spots are still available --> Sign Me Up
Sign Up Today for the 2013 Season: August 12 - 17, 2013
A Fun Place for Learning, Playing, and Healing
Dealing with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) as a child is even more challenging. That is why the Crohns's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) proudly established Camp Oasis over a decade ago. This co-ed residential camp program enriches the lives of children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis by providing them with a safe and supportive camp community.
A Life Changing Experience
Since all of the campers (and many of the adults) at Camp Oasis are living with IBD, our supportive community allows them to:
- See that they are not alone
- Try all sorts of new sports and activities
- Create friendships with people who truly understand them
- Gain confidence and independence
- Put aside their troubles, and just be a kid