Start a New Support Group
Thank you for your interest in starting a support group in the Northwest Chapter (WA, OR, ID, MT, AK)! We would like have groups in many locations to serve as many communities as possible and we need volunteers to start the groups.
Our support groups are driven by volunteer facilitators, supported by CCFA staff. Each facilitator undergoes an interview process and training before serving.
- Complete the application and training process (see below for details)
- Identify a public meeting space that can be reserved, free of charge, for a consistent day monthly
- Find a co-facilitator-- CCFA encourages each group to have two facilitators
- Promote the support group around town
- Maintain communication with group members regarding upcoming meetings
- Provide training and resources
- Support facilitator with any issues or problems
- Help find a meeting space
- Assist in securing guest speakers
- Promote the group to local contacts via email
- Notify local gastroenterology offices about the group
Facilitator Application Process
- Complete a written application - contact Kathleen Newbould for a copy
- Phone interview with Kathleen, Education & Support Manager in the Northwest
- Phone interview with a national staff person
- If accepted, 1 hour training over the phone with a national staff person and other new facilitators around the country
If you have questions or would like to move forward to become a support group facilitator, please contact Kathleen Newbould, Education & Support Manager for the Northwest Chapter (WA, OR, ID, MT, AK) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-451-8455 or click here to find your local Education & Support Manager.