Volunteer Project Ideas for CCFA
- Fundraise for Take Steps, Team Challenge, Camp Oasis, or CCFA in general. We can provide materials like educational brochures, signage, and PowerPoint presentations about IBD and CCFA. Plan an event or create a longer campaign.
- Create a marketing plan for the 2013 Take Steps walk– Explore what it means to bring the community together
- Awareness week project – Design a plan to raise awareness in your community for Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Week, which is December 1-7 (OR anytime!)
- Create a team for Take Steps Seattle 2013 – Fundraise and spread awareness for CCFA
- Work on the Take Steps Kick-off Party (April 2013)
Help Around the Office
- Power of Two Peer-to-Peer Support Program – help optimize this program to streamline the process for accepting volunteers and match those seeking help with volunteers who have gone through similar experiences. Goals include storing volunteer data in a simple, easy-to-navigate way, and making it easy to request support. Ideally one person will complete the project. Must sign confidentiality agreement.
- Patient Education Administrative Help – assemble mailings and program folders for patient education programs. As needed occasionally, February through May. Can be picked up from the office and worked on at home.
- Camp Administrative Helper – compile camper registration forms, contact parents regarding what’s been received and what’s missing, copy and file as needed. Ideally one person will complete the project. Must sign confidentiality agreement.
- Event Mailings & Packet Stuffing – help us get our mailings out by stuffing, labeling and posting our event mailings. Help us get ready for our big events by stuffing packets, prepping Thank You cards and organizing event materials.
- Take Steps Helper – assist our Take Steps Walk Manager with compiling resource kits for team captains. Help is always needed for this, December through June.
Help with Events
We need volunteers at the following events:
- Patient Education Conference: Saturday in April, 2013
- Luncheon: May 10, 2013
- Take Steps Walk: June 1, 2013
- Camp Oasis – medical staff and cabin counselors—Likely dates: June 22-29, 2013
- Casino Night & Auction Fall 2013
Join a planning committee. These groups start meeting several months in advance of their events.
- Patient Education Committee
- Luncheon Committee
- Take Steps Committee
- Casino Night & Auction Committee