Take Steps Akron 2014
Location: Lock 3 Park
200 S. Main Street
Akron, Ohio 44308
Date: October 11, 2014
Check-in and Festivities Begin: 3:00 PM
Walk Start: 3:45 PM
Celebration/Music/Festivities continue: until 7pm-ish
Register for the walk: www.cctakesteps.org/akron
Take Steps is a 2 mile walk and celebration that brings nearly 1,000 people together to raise awareness and funds to support patient programs, education efforts, and further critical research for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. It is estimated that 1 in 200 people are affected by IBD, including 20,000 Ohioans living right here in Northeast Ohio
All registered fundraising participants will receive an event wristband. While there is no registration fee to participate in Take Steps, you must have a wristband to receive food & beverages. If you have donors that would like to participate in the walk festivities, we ask that you please register them online as a team member.
IMPORTANT TAKE STEPS Information - walk day
- Event Time: Check-in and Registration begins at 3pm. The walk program will begin promptly at 3:45 followed by the walk. The festivities will take place at Lock 3 Park in Akron. Please check-in at the registration table upon arrival. Walk-up registrations and donations are welcome.
- Event Fun: The walk will feature music, games & activities, and more! We encourage you to bring your own picnic foods, lawn chairs, blankets, etc so you can hang out and relax throughout the afternoon! Also bring any yard games, frisbees, etc you might like to play! We will provide plenty of water and some limited foods, but you’re welcome to bring your own. As you return from the 2mile walk, there will be additional announcements, fun awards & more, so we hope you’ll stick around! Please note Alcohol is Prohibited!
- Bringing donations to the walk: All money needs to be in a walker envelope - cash, check, or money order is fine. Please write your Team Name on the envelope. If you or your team members are bringing donations to the walk, please make sure each team member has their own walker envelope filled out completely so that we can apply those dollars to the correct team member account. If you have a lot of coins, please convert them into cash or check made out to CCFA. We can also accept credit card donations onsite.
Incentives: Participants who have fundraised or made a donation will receive a paper wristband which allows you to partake in food, drink, and all activities at the walk. Take Steps incentives are available to participants who register for the walk and actively fundraise towards their goal. Any registered participant who raises $100 per their own individual fundraising account will receive an event T-shirt. Additional incentives are listed below.
$25-Wrist Band (for food and drinks)
$100-Take Steps T-Shirt
$250-Take Steps Baseball Cap
$500-Take Steps Long Sleeve Shirt
$1000-Offical Take Steps Cleveland VIP Status, gift bagAnd your choice of a Fleece Pullover or Vest (to be received 21 days post walk)
*Redemption for the rewards below will be sent via email approximately 21 days post walk. Please look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
$2500-Take Steps Cooler
$5000-Noise Canceling Headphones or a mini camcorder
$10,000-Kindle e-Reader or a Keurig Coffee Maker
2014Team Walk Day Incentives!
$1500 - We'll send a banner you can use for the Decorating Contest
$2,500 - Above plus Team Recognition Sign at walk
$3,500 - Above plus Professionally printed Team Sign
$5,000 - Above plus Team Tent for your team to gather
$10,000 - Above plus Professionally printed Team Banner
(team incentives subject to change)
- Public FREE Parking is available in the adjourning garage.
Check the weather and dress appropriately! Event goes on rain or shine, unless there’s severe weather, in which case we’ll try to contact participants. You can also keep updated through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/takestepsakron.
- Does everyone on my team get a Tshirt? Not necessarily. Any registered individual who raises $100 per their own account will receive a Tshirt. If only the team captain raises money, then the team captain will be eligible for incentives. If you want each team member to get a shirt or other incentives, you can distribute donations amongst members as needed, if appropriate to do so (we cannot split checks), or ask each team member to participate in fundraising efforts. Please keep in mind that a registered participant who fundraised $100 is not the same as a donor who contributed $100 to that participant (unless they are registered and made a $100 self-donation).
Example 1 - Jack and Jill are both registered members of Team CC. They each raised $120 individually, so they each receive a Tshirt.
Example 2 - Jack raised $300, while Jill raised $65. Jack would receive a Tshirt and Hat. Jill unfortunately receive neither.
Example 3 - Jack is the only one who fundraised, and reached $600. He would receive a Tshirt, Hat, and Long Sleeve shirt. Plus the team captain would receive a banner to decorate.
Example 4 - Bobby is not registered on Team CC, but he donated $110 to Jack. Jack would receive a Tshirt.
Example 5 - Billy is a registered team member of Team CC. He donated $100 to Jack, but did not have any fundraising to his own name. Jack would receive a Tshirt. If Billy would like the Tshirt instead, he could either donate $100 to his own account or fundraise it.
*All dollars fundraised by team members will go towards the overall Team total. However, individual fundraising per each member's account determines the individual incentives.
- I’m not sure where to start. Do you have fundraising ideas to help? Yes! We’ll help however we can! We have also provided some ideas in the links above. You can also Like us on Facebook, as we will try to post tips during Take Steps season.
- Can I fundraise even if I can't attend the walk in person? Of course! Obviously we would love to have you with us at the event, but you can still create a "virtual" team, fundraise, and spread the word!
- Is there a fee to participate in Take Steps? No! There is no registration fee or minimums to participate, but you must be a fundraising participant to partake in certain activities. Because there are no fees, we ask that everyone fundraise to the best of their ability to help find cures for IBD!
- What happens if it rains? We’ll still walk, with umbrellas! Unless there is severe weather, the event will go on!
- Can I buy a Take Steps Tshirt? The Tshirts are an incentive for those registered participants who fundraise at least $100 to their individual account, which includes making a $100 self-donation. Tshirts are not for sale otherwise.
- Can I still fundraise after the event? YES! The campaign continues through the end of the year because raising awareness and funds doesn’t have to end on walk day! Plus, there are post-walk incentives available as well! You can always send donations to our office: CCFA Northeast Ohio Chapter, 4700 Rockside Road, Suite 425, Independence, Ohio 44131. Checks made payable to CCFA, and be sure to tell us who we should credit with the donation!
Lock 3 Park
200 South Main Street, Akron, OH 44308, USA
Akron, OH, 44308