Northeast Ohio Chapter
Welcome to the Northeast Ohio Chapter
Serving Cleveland, Akron, & surrounding areas
Here's a Look at What's Happening in Northeast Ohio
Are you IBD Aware?
Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Weeks is Dec. 1-7th 2015
Check out the local NE Ohio and web activities below:
Tuesday Dec. 1st:
- Giving HERE. Then share your story at www.ccfa.org/AwarenessWeek
: All 41 CCFA chapters across the United States will be pulling together for Giving . We have a matching donor for this Giving if you donate on you will triple your gift. Our goal is $25,000 which will equal $75,000 if met. Donate
- East-Side Support Group meet up at Warrensville Heights Library from . 4415 Northfield Rd., Warrensville, OH 44128
Wednesday Dec. 2nd:
- Terminal Tower in Downtown Cleveland will be lit in CCFA colors (after dark!) Check it out and post your pictures on social media with #CLEisIBDAware
- Are you one of our fantastic volunteers? If so then come join us for Volunteer Appreciation Night at TownHall from . Click on the highlighted link above to RSVP. If you are not yet a volunteer, you can fill out our Volunteer Registration Form HERE, submit it before 12/2 and join the party at TownHall.
- Join the National CCFA Facebook page at for a peer to peer chat with the Great Bowel Movement
Thursday Dec. 3rd:
- Advance Provider Perspectives – Treatment for IBD Nursing Program. Are you or do you know a nurse that could benefit from this educational program that focus’ on nurses treatment and care of patients with IBD? This is a free event and you can earn 1.5 credits. Limited seating available.
Saturday Dec. 5th
- Semicolon: The Adventures of Ostomy Girl in Akron. The Nightlight Cinema at , Tickets are $5 each, Seating is limited, so it is advisable to get your tickets in advance - purchase tickets here.
- It's spin4 crohn's & colitis cures ! We want to see your photos from #spin4cures events around the country. Post them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the hashtags #spin4cures and #IBDAware
Monday Dec. 7th:
- Phil-an-thro-pi-a at Landerhaven. This is an annual Cleveland Favorite with 100% of proceeds coming back to the charity of your choice. If you are attending, consider having your ticket donation come back to the NE Ohio CCFA office.
- Join us at on Twitter for a special Awareness Week chat with our President & CEO Michael Osso! The chat will be moderated by Amber Tresca, About.com's IBD expert. Tweet your questions to @ccfa using the hashtag #IBDAware.
Akron Screening of Semicolon; The Adventures of Ostomy Girl
About the film: A five month journey in the life of Dana, a feisty, funny, charming 25 year old, battling a severe case of Crohn's Disease.
When: Saturday, December 5th - 2:15 PM (83 Minutes)
Where: The Nightlight – Main
30 N High St.
Akron, Ohio 44308
Purchase tickets here.
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, Northeast Ohio Chapter presents:
Advanced Provider Perspectives:Treatment for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Dinner at 6 PM and presentation at 6:30 PM
Case Western Reserve University, Biomedical Research Building, Room 105, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland (free parking available; must park at University Hospitals Patient Visitor Parking Garage which is located at 2040 UH Drive, Cleveland, Ohio)
This CE activity is targeted to nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and associates involved in the care of IBD patients. The activity features an expert presentation by Mary E. Yursky, MSN, CNP, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Digestive Health Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and also features an interactive Q&A session.
At the program, you’ll learn more about:
• Symptoms and diagnosis of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
• Assessment questions important in triaging the IBD patient
• Recent advances in the treatment options for IBD
• Approaches to restarting or changing biologic treatment in the IBD patient
• Indications for types of surgeries for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
• Barriers to adherence with IBD treatment plans and strategies to promote adherence
This free educational activity is designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and registered nurses involved in the care of patients with IBD. Registered nurses and physician assistants who complete all requirements will be eligible for 1.5 continuing education contact hours.
This activity is jointly provided by the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education and the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. Support for this activity is provided by educational grants from AbbVie Inc., Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., US Region.
Before registering, please review full continuing education information at
Toast of the Town 2015
Saturday Nov. 7th 2015
Thank you to all that attened Toast of the Town!
Thank you to all of our fantastic sponsors:
Wine Cellar Sponsor:
Wine Rack Sponsor:
Pinot Noir Sponsor:
Thank you to all of our fundraising participants and teams!!
Please continue raising money to support our mission of finding cures!
Start your 2016 team today! For more information click here.
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 Ask the Experts
Saturday, March 5, 2016 starting at 9 AM
Embassy Suites, Rockside Rd, Independence
Registration available in January 2016!
GET FIT, MAKE FRIENDS, CHANGE LIVES
Questions? Contact email@example.com or (646)438-3105
Take Steps Be Heard!
Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!