Take Steps Indianapolis 2014
Location: White River State Park (Click here for map of location)
Date: June 4, 2014
Check-in and Festivities Begin: 4:00 PM
Walk Start: 5:30 PM
Celebration/Music/Festivities continue: until 8pm-ish
Register for the walk: www.cctakesteps.org/indianapolis
Take Steps is a 2 mile walk and celebration that brings nearly 1,000 people together to raise awareness and funds to support patient programs, education efforts, and further critical research for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Indiana. About 1 in 200 people are affected by IBD, including 30,000 Hoosiers
All registered fundraising participants will receive a paper event wristband. While there is no regisration fee to participate in Take Steps, you must have a wristband to receive food & beverages. If you have donors that would like to participate in the walk festivities, we ask that you please register them online as a team member.
New this year at the Indiana Chapter!!! Any registered participant or team member who makes a self-donation of $25 on their individual fundraising page will receive a Take Steps window decal (shown below)!!
IMPORTANT TAKE STEPS Information - walk day
- Event Time: Check-in and Registration begins at 4pm. The walking will begin at 5:30pm, after a short program and announcements. The festivities will take place at Celebration Plaza in White River State Park again this year (the grassy area in front of the NCAA building – see map). Please check-in at the registration table upon arrival. Walk-up registrations and donations are welcome.
- Event Fun: The walk will feature music, games & activities, and more! We encourage you to bring your own picnic foods, lawn chairs, blankets, etc so you can hang out and relax throughout the evening! Also bring any yard games, frisbees, etc you might like to play! We will provide plenty of water and some limited foods, but you’re welcome to bring your own. As you return from the 2mile walk, there will be additional announcements, fun awards & more, so we hope you’ll stick around! Please note Alcohol is Prohibited!
- Bringing donations to the walk: All money needs to be in a walker envelope - cash, check, or money order is fine. Please write your Team Name on the envelope. If you or your team members are bringing donations to the walk, please make sure each team member has their own walker envelope filled out completely so that we can apply those dollars to the correct team member account. If you have a lot of coins, please convert them into cash or check made out to CCFA. We can also accept credit card donations onsite.
- Incentives: Participants who have fundraised or made a donation will receive a paper wristband which allows you to partake in food, drink, and all activities at the walk. Take Steps incentives are available to participants who register for the walk and actively fundraise towards their goal. Any registered participant who raises $100 per their own individual fundraising account will receive an event T-shirt. Additional incentives are listed below.
- Public Parking is available in the nearby garages or other street/surface spots you might find. This map might be helpful: http://visitindy.com/files/map/DTParkMap_c040909.pdf
- Check the weather and dress appropriately! Event goes on rain or shine, unless there’s severe weather, in which case we’ll try to contact participants. You can also keep updated through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ccfaindiana
Looking for ideas on fundraising? 2014 Fundraising Guide TBD.
2014 Individual Walk Day Incentives!
- $100 Raised and you'll receive a T-shirt
- $250 Raised and you'll receive a Hat
- $500 Raised and you'll receive a Long-Sleeve Tshirt
- $1000 Additional post-walk incentives are available for $1k+ raised
(Valid for fundraising registered participants.)
2014 Team Walk Day Incentives!
- $500 - We'll send a banner you can use for the Decorating Contest
- $1,000 - Above plus Team Recognition Sign at walk
- $2,000 - Above plus Table & 8 chairs for you to gather on walk day
- $3,500 - Above plus team name inclusion on professional banner
- $5,000 - Above plus 8x8 Team Tent
- $10,000 - Above plus Professionally printed Team Banner
(team incentives subject to change)
- Does everyone on my team get a Tshirt? Not necessarily. Any registered individual who raises $100 per their own account will receive a Tshirt. If only the team captain raises money, then the team captain will be eligible for incentives. If you want each team member to get a shirt or other incentives, you can distribute donations amongst members as needed, if appropriate to do so (we cannot split checks), or ask each team member to participate in fundraising efforts. Please keep in mind that a registered participant who fundraised $100 is not the same as a donor who contributed $100 to that participant (unless they are registered and made a $100 self-donation).
Example 1 - Jack and Jill are both registered members of Team CC. They each raised $120 individually, so they each receive a Tshirt.
Example 2 - Jack raised $300, while Jill raised $65. Jack would receive a Tshirt and a Hat.
Example 3 - Jack is the only one who fundraised, and reached $600. He would receive a Tshirt and the Long Sleeve shirt. Plus the team captain would receive a banner to decorate.
Example 4 - Bobby is not registered on Team CC, but he donated $110 to Jack. Jack would receive a Tshirt.
Example 5 - Billy is a registered team member of Team CC. He donated $100 to Jack, but did not have any fundraising to his own name. Jack would receive a Tshirt. If Billy would like the Tshirt instead, he could either donate $100 to his own account or fundraise it.
*All dollars fundraised by team members will go towards the overall Team total. However, individual fundraising per each member's account determines the individual incentives.
- I’m not sure where to start. Do you have fundraising ideas to help? Yes! We’ll help however we can! We have also provided some ideas in the links above. You can also Like us on Facebook, as we will try to post tips during Take Steps season.
- Can I fundraise even if I can't attend the walk in person? Of course! Obviously we would love to have you with us at the event, but you can still create a "virtual" team, fundraise, and spread the word!
- Is there a fee to participate in Take Steps? No! There is no registration fee or minimums to participate, but you must be a fundraising participant to partake in certain activities. Because there are no fees, we ask that everyone fundraise to the best of their ability to help find cures for IBD!
- What happens if it rains? We’ll still walk, with umbrellas! Unless there is severe weather, the event will go on!
- Can I buy a Take Steps Tshirt? The Tshirts are an incentive for those registered participants who fundraise at least $100 to their individual account, which includes making a $100 self-donation. Tshirts are not for sale otherwise.
- Can I still fundraise after the event? YES! The campaign continues through the end of the year because raising awareness and funds doesn’t have to end on walk day! Plus, there are post-walk incentives available as well! You can always send donations to our office: CCFA Indiana Chapter, 931 E 86th St., Suite 210, Indianapolis IN 46240. Checks made payable to CCFA, and be sure to tell us who we should credit with the donation!
White River State Park - Celebration Plaza
801 W Washington St
Indianapolis, IN, 46204
For more information