Take Steps Michiana 2014
New for the Indiana Chapter! For those who register for the Michian walk and make a self-donation of $25 to their individual fundraising page, we'll send you an awesome car window cling!
(shown below, not a sticker, use on inside of window facing out)
IMPORTANT TAKE STEPS Information - walk day
- Event Time: Check-in and Registration begins at 3pm. The walking will begin at 4pm, after a short program and announcements. The festivities will take place at Beutter Park in Mishawaka. Please check-in at the registration table upon arrival. Walk-up registrations and donations are welcome.
- Bringing donations to the walk: All money needs to be in a sealed walker envelope when it is turned in. Cash and Checks are fine! Please write your Team Name on the envelope. If you or your team members are bringing donations to the walk, please make sure each team member has their own walker envelope filled out completely so that we can apply those dollars to the correct team member account. If you have a lot of coins, please convert them into cash or check made out to CCFA. We can also accept credit card donations onsite.
Note: You will not need to write any prior online donations on the envelope. Only donations that are physically in the envelope on walk day need to be recorded on the envelope.
- Incentives: Take Steps incentives are available to registered participants who actively fundraise towards their goal. This is not the same as a Donor who gives to a registered participant. Any registered participant who raises $100 per their own individual fundraising account will receive an event T-shirt. Additional incentives are listed below.
Check the weather and dress appropriately! Event goes on rain or shine, unless there’s severe weather, in which case we’ll try to contact participants. You can also keep updated through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ccfaindiana
2014 Individual Walk Day Incentives!
- $100 Raised and you'll receive a T-shirt
- $250 Raised and you'll receive a Hat
- $500 Raised and you'll receive a Long-Sleeve Tshirt
- $1000 Additional post-walk incentives are available for $1k+ raised
(Valid for fundraising registered participants.)
2014 Team Walk Day Incentives!
- $500 - We'll send a banner you can use to decorate and display during the walk
- $750 - Above plus Team Recognition Sign at walk
- $2,000 - Above plus professionally printed 24x36" team sign
- $3,500 - Above plus 8x8 Team Tent, table, and chairs
(team incentives subject to change)
- Can I still fundraise after the event? YES! The campaign continues through 2014 because raising awareness and funds doesn’t have to end on walk day! Plus, there are post-walk incentives available as well! You can always send donations to our office: CCFA Indiana Chapter, 931 E 86th St., Suite 210, Indianapolis IN 46240. Checks made payable to CCFA, and be sure to tell us who we should credit with the donation!
- Does everyone on my team get a Tshirt? Not necessarily. Any registered individual who raises $100 per their own account will receive a Tshirt. If only the team captain raises money, then the team captain will be eligible for incentives. If you want each team member to get a shirt or other incentives, you can distribute donations amongst members as needed, if appropriate to do so (we cannot split checks), or ask each team member to participate in fundraising efforts. Please keep in mind that a registered participant who raised $100 is not the same as a donor who contributed $100 to that participant.
Example 1 - Jack and Jill are both registered members of Team CC. They each raised $120 individually, so they each receive a Tshirt.
Example 2 - Jack raised $300, while Jill raised $65. Jack would receive a Tshirt and the Hat.
Example 3 - Jack is the only one who fundraised, and reached $600. He would receive a Tshirt, Hat, and Long Sleeve shirt. Plus the team captain would receive a banner to decorate.
Example 4 - Bobby is not registered on Team CC, but he donated $110 to Jack. Jack would receive a Tshirt.
Example 5 - Billy is a registered team member of Team CC. He donated $100 to Jack, but did not have any fundraising to his own name. Jack would receive a Tshirt. If Billy would like the Tshirt instead, he could either donate $100 to his own account or fundraise it.
*All dollars fundraised by team members will go towards the overall Team total. However, individual fundraising per each member's account determines the individual incentives.
- What happens if it rains? We’ll still walk, with umbrellas! Unless there is severe weather, the event will go on!
- I’m not sure where to start. Do you have fundraising ideas to help? Yes! We’ll help however we can! We have some ideas on our website http://www.ccfa.org/chapters/indiana/events/takestepsmichiana.html and have also been posting tips on our Facebook page!
- Is there a fee to participate in Take Steps? No! There is no registration fee or minimums to participate, but you must be a fundraising participant to partake in certain activities. Because there are no fees, we ask that everyone fundraise to the best of their ability to help find cures for IBD!
- Can I buy a Take Steps Tshirt? The Tshirts are an incentive for those who fundraise at least $100 to their account. Tshirts are not for sale otherwise.
401 North Main Street
Mishawaka, IN, 46544