Take Steps Fort Wayne 2014
The 2014 year is upon us! And guess what? The date has changed from the Fall timeframe to Spring! We know that the Fall can be a very busy time with "back to school" activities and whatnot, so we listened to your feedback and hope to grow this event further!
To Register for the walk or learn more: www.cctakesteps.org/fortwayne
Date: Sat, May 17, 2014
Location: Indian Trails Park Pavilion - click for map
Walking starts: 5pm
New this year at the Indiana Chapter!!! Any registered participant or team member who makes a self-donation of $25 on their individual fundraising page will receive a Take Steps window decal (shown below)!!
- Does everyone on my team get a Tshirt? Not necessarily. Any registered individual who raises $100 per their own account will receive a Tshirt. If only the team captain raises money, then the team captain will be eligible for incentives. If you want each team member to get a shirt or other incentives, you can distribute donations amongst members as needed, if appropriate to do so (we cannot split checks), or ask each team member to participate in fundraising efforts. Please keep in mind that a registered participant who fundraised $100 is not the same as a donor who contributed $100 to that participant (unless they are a registered participant who made a $100 self-donation).
Example 1 - Jack and Jill are both registered members of Team CC. They each raised $120 individually, so they each receive a Tshirt.
Example 2 - Jack raised $300, while Jill raised $65. Jack would receive a Tshirt and the Hat.
Example 3 - Jack is the only one who fundraised, and reached $600. He would receive a Tshirt and the Long Sleeve shirt. Plus the team captain would receive a banner to decorate.
Example 4 - Bobby is not registered on Team CC, but he donated $110 to Jack. Jack would receive a Tshirt.
Example 5 - Billy is a registered team member of Team CC. He donated $100 to Jack, but did not have any fundraising to his own name. Jack would receive a Tshirt. If Billy would like the Tshirt instead, he could either donate $100 to his own account or fundraise it.
*All dollars fundraised by team members will go towards the overall Team total. However, individual fundraising per each member's account determines the individual incentives.
- I’m not sure where to start. Do you have fundraising ideas to help? Yes! We’ll help however we can! We have also provided some ideas in the links above. You can also Like us on Facebook, as we try to post tips during Take Steps season.
- Can I fundraise even if I can't attend the walk in person? Of course! Obviously we would love to have you with us on event day, but you can still create a "virtual" team, fundraise, and spread the word!
- What happens if it rains? We’ll still walk, with umbrellas! Unless there is severe weather, the event will go on!
- Is there a fee to participate in Take Steps? No! There is no registration fee or minimums to participate, but you must be a fundraising participant to partake in certain activities. Because there are no fees, we ask that everyone fundraise to the best of their ability to help find cures for IBD!
- Can I buy a Take Steps Tshirt? The Tshirts are an incentive for those who fundraise at least $100 to their individual account, which includes making a $100 self-donation. Tshirts are not for sale otherwise.
- Can I still fundraise after the event? YES! The campaign continues through the end of the year because raising awareness and funds doesn’t have to end on walk day! Plus, there are post-walk incentives available as well! You can always send donations to our office: CCFA Indiana Chapter, 931 E 86th St., Suite 210, Indianapolis IN 46240. Checks made payable to CCFA, and be sure to tell us who we should credit with the donation!
2014 Individual Walk Day Incentives!
- $100 Raised and you'll receive a T-shirt
- $250 Raised and you'll receive a Hat
- $500 Raised and you'll receive a Long-Sleeve Tshirt
- $1000 Additional post-walk incentives are available for $1k+ raised
(Valid for fundraising registered participants.)
2014 Team Walk Day Incentives!
- $500 - We'll send you a Take Steps banner to decorate plus give you a shout-out on Facebook
- $750 - Above plus Team Recognition Sign along walk route
- $2,000 - Above plus professionally printed 24"x36" team sign*
- $3,500 - Above plus team Table & Chairs for your team to gather
- $5,000 - Above plus Team Tent for you to gather
(team incentives subject to change)
*Funds must be raised and applied to team account prior to printing deadlines (2wks before event).
Indian Trails Park
Aboite Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46804, USA
Fort Wayne, IN, 46804