Take Steps Fort Wayne 2015
2015 Take Steps Fort Wayne
THANK YOU FOR A FANTASTIC WALK!!
This year we had fabulous weather (for the first time!) and record turn out with 200 people in attendance! You all helped raise over $43,000, which means we met our lofty goal! Thank you to all the teams and sponsors for your dedication and support for finding cures! You all have helped DOUBLE this event in just 2yrs! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Any TEAM (or individual not associated with a team) that raises $300 collectively will receive (3) Take Steps window clings for the Team Captain to distribute as they please! (show below, not a sticker)
Looking for ideas on fundraising?
- Fundraising Quick Tips - A few quick ideas on how to get the ball rolling!
- Fundraising, Making the Ask - sample letters, corporate matching, steps to making a donation ask!
- Fundraising, Third Party events - A great big list of fundraising ideas you can do at home!
- The Complete Guide - All of the information in one place!!
Thank You to our Sponsors:
Need some help using your online participant center to manage your team? Check out this quick guide!
IMPORTANT TAKE STEPS Information – walk day
- Event Time: Check-in and Registration begins at 4pm. The walking will begin at 5pm, after a short program and announcements The festivities will take place at Indian Trails Park Pavilion again this year – see map Please check-in at the registration table upon arrival. Walk-up registrations and donations are welcome.
- At the Event: We will provide plenty of water and some limited foods, but you’re welcome to bring your own! As you return from the 2mile walk, there will be additional announcements, fun awards & more, so please stick around! Please note Alcohol is Prohibited!
- Bringing donations to the walk: Cash, check, money orders are fine! All money needs to be in a CCFA walker envelope before checking in at Registration tent. Extra envelopes will be available onsite. Please be sure to write your Team Name on the envelope. If you or your team members are bringing donations to the walk, please make sure each team member has their own walker envelope filled out completely so that we can apply those dollars to the correct team member account. If someone came with you who just wants to donate to you, please include it in your envelope.
Please do NOT write "online cc donation" amounts on the envelope - only money that's physically inside the envelope should be recorded. If you have a lot of coins, please convert them into cash or check made out to CCFA. We can also accept credit card donations onsite.
- Incentives: Take Steps incentives are available to participants who register for the walk and actively fundraise towards their goal. Any registered participant who raises $100 per their own individual fundraising account will receive an event T-shirt. Tshirts are NOT earned for every $100 raised (see examples below). Additional incentives are listed below.
- Parking: Free parking is available in the lot adjacent to the pavilion.
Check the weather and dress appropriately! Event goes on rain or shine, unless there’s severe weather, in which case we’ll try to contact participants. You can also keep updated through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ccfaindiana
- Does everyone on my team get a Tshirt? Not necessarily. Any registered individual who raises $100 per their own account will receive a Tshirt. If only the team captain raises money, then the team captain will be eligible for incentives. If you want each team member to get a shirt or other incentives, you can distribute donations amongst members as needed, if appropriate to do so (we cannot split checks), or ask each team member to participate in fundraising efforts. Please keep in mind that a registered participant who fundraised $100 is not the same as a donor who contributed $100 to that participant (unless they are a registered participant who made a $100 self-donation).
Example 1 - Jack and Jill are both registered members of Team CC. They each raised $120 individually, so they each receive a Tshirt.
Example 2 - Jack raised $300, while Jill raised $65. Jack would receive a Tshirt and the Hat.
Example 3 - Jack is the only one who fundraised, and reached $600. He would receive a Tshirt, Hat, and Long Sleeve shirt. Plus the team captain would receive a banner to decorate.
Example 4 - Bobby is not registered on Team CC, but he donated $110 to Jack. Jack would receive a Tshirt.
Example 5 - Billy is a registered team member of Team CC. He donated $100 to Jack, but did not have any fundraising to his own name. Jack would receive a Tshirt. If Billy would like the Tshirt instead, he could either donate $100 to his own account or fundraise it.
*All dollars fundraised by team members will go towards the overall Team total. However, individual fundraising per each member's account determines the individual incentives.
- I’m not sure where to start. Do you have fundraising ideas to help? Yes! We’ll help however we can! We have also provided some ideas in the links above. You can also Like us on Facebook, as we try to post tips during Take Steps season.
- Can I fundraise even if I can't attend the walk in person? Of course! Obviously we would love to have you with us on event day, but you can still create a "virtual" team, fundraise, and spread the word!
- What happens if it rains? We’ll still walk, with umbrellas! Unless there is severe weather, the event will go on!
- Is there a fee to participate in Take Steps? No! There is no registration fee or minimums to participate, but you must be a fundraising participant to partake in certain activities. Because there are no fees, we ask that everyone fundraise to the best of their ability to help find cures for IBD!
- Can I buy a Take Steps Tshirt? The Tshirts are an incentive for those who fundraise at least $100 to their individual account, which includes making a $100 self-donation. Tshirts are not for sale otherwise.
- Can I still fundraise after the event? YES! The campaign continues through the end of the year because raising awareness and funds doesn’t have to end on walk day! Plus, there are post-walk incentives available as well! You can always send donations to our office: CCFA Indiana Chapter, 931 E 86th St., Suite 210, Indianapolis IN 46240. Checks made payable to CCFA, and be sure to tell us who we should credit with the donation!
2015 Individual Walk Day Incentives!
- $100 Raised and you'll receive a T-shirt + Sunglasses
- $250 Raised and you'll receive above + TS Grocery Bag
- $500 Raised and you'll receive above + TS Water bottle
- $1000 Additional post-walk incentives are available for $1k+ raised
(Valid for fundraising registered participants. Please understand incentives must be ordered weeks prior to the walk. We do our best to have enough quantity and sizes available, but are based on our reports of eligibility at time of ordering.)
2015 Team Walk Day Incentives!
- $300 - Team captain will receive (3) window clings (see above) to distribute as they please
- $500 - We'll send you a Take Steps banner to decorate plus give you a shout-out on Facebook
- $750 - Above plus Team Recognition Sign along walk route
- $1,500 - Above plus professionally printed 24"x36" team sign*
- $3,500 - Above plus team Table & Chairs for your team to gather
- $5,000 - Above plus Team Tent for you to gather
(team incentives subject to change)
*Funds must be raised and applied to team account prior to printing deadlines (2wks before event).
Indian Trails Park
Aboite Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46804, USA
Fort Wayne, IN, 46804