To volunteer, contact:
(404) 982-0616, ext. 1.
Torch Gala, January
The Torch Gala is the single largest fundraiser of the year for the Georgia Chapter
* Committee Members: Could involve securing corporate sponsorships, tables and tickets to event, ad solicitation for Book of Hope (journal for Torch Gala), securing in-kind donations for silent/live auction and/or raffle, helping with event marketing/PR (committee meets monthly from August through January)
*Administrative Pre-event Volunteers: Help with administrative projects in the office, such as Save the Date, patron and invitation mailings, administrative tasks related to the Book of Hope and auctions.
*Day-of-Event Volunteers: Greeter, raffle sales volunteer, auction monitor, auction check-out, and event clean-up
Patient and Professional Education Symposium, Atlanta (March)
* Day-of-Event Material Preparation
* Guest Speakers
* Day-of-Event Volunteers: Registration/check-in, timers for patient program and professional program, event clean-up
GI Office Visits, Year-round
Volunteers needed to drop off CCFA information at gastroenterology offices, and possibly speak with staff at these offices about CCFA's mission and programs.
Golf Classic, April
* Committee Members:Could involve securing corporate sponsorships, foursomes and individual golfers for event, securing in-kind donations for silent auction and raffle, securing in-kind donations for golfer "premiums" such as golf shirts, bags, promotional items for golf bags, securing in-kind donations of soda, water, and sports drinks, helping with event marketing/PR (including creation/maintenance of website and marketing materials) (committee meets monthly from September through April)
* Administrative Pre-event Volunteers: Help with administrative projects in the office such as Save the Date and patron mailings, assembling the silent auction, and perhaps other tasks
* Day-of-Event Volunteers: registration/check-in, silent auction set-up, hole monitors for Hole in One and Closest to the Pin contests, silent auction check-out, event clean-up
Take Steps Events, Atlanta, Macon, Savannah
Take Steps is our walk program, where participants register as individuals or as a team, to fundraise to support camp and critical research for IBD. Walk day is full of family fun to reward participants for all of their hard work!
* Committee Members
* Administrative Pre-event Volunteers
* Day-of-Event Volunteers: registration, t-shirt/hat tent, food tent, Kids Corral, walk route, set-up, clean-up
Team Challenge Events, Virginia, Napa Valley, Chicago, Nashville, Las Vegas
Team Challenge is CCFA's endurance program, where participants train for 16 weeks while fundraising for research and camp, in preparation to run or walk a half marathon in one of the above destinations!
* Grassroots Marketing: attend race expos, post flyers, distribute brochures
* Assist at Information Meetings
* Supervise tables at Saturday trainings
* Administrative volunteering in the office: prepare packets for information meetings, prepare packets for race weekend participants
Camp Oasis, June 2015
Camp Oasis is a co-ed residential summer camp program for children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
* Administrative Pre-event Volunteers
* Camper check-in
* Camp counselors
* Camp nurses
A Touch of Football, Summer
* Committee Members: could involve securing corporate sponsorships and teams for event, selling raffle tickets and general admission tickets, securing in-kind donations for silent auction and/or raffle, securing in-kind donations of water and sports drinks, helping with event marketing/PR (including creation/maintenance of website and marketing materials)
Administrative (non-event related)
* Prepare General Gift Ask Mailings: Assist office staff with preparing mailings for differing purposes to encourage previous and new donors to mail donations to CCFA. Mailings can benefit Camp Oasis, research or patient programs. Volunteer tasks would include: preparing a mailing list in Microsoft Excel, merging the mailing list into a form letter in Microsoft Word, printing letters and stuffing envelopes, attaching postage and sealing solution for large batches of letters.