Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Train for a half marathon while raising funds for crucial research. Teams
forming now -- find yours today!
GI Outreach Coordinator
GI Outreach Coordinator
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, Alabama/NW Florida Chapter
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), Alabama/NW Florida Chapter is seeking a volunteer to assist with coordinating office visits to gastroenterologists (GI) throughout the chapter. GI outreach is essential for several reasons. It assists CCFA in building relationships with local GI offices; allows us to share information about CCFA with GIs, nurses, and office staff; and enables us to distribute accurate and reliable information to patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). The GI outreach coordinator will work directly with local chapter staff and should expect to report to the local chapter office or meet with local staff in their community as needed.
- Identifying local GI offices and creating a tracking sheet with appropriate contact information
- Calling GI offices to schedule visits, as needed
- Assisting with collation of materials for GI office visits, including:
- Creating new documents as needed
- Copying flyers and information pages
- Assembling packets and materials
- Driving directly to GI offices to deliver materials
- Promoting CCFA programs and resources with GI office staff
- Accurately tracking all office visits and documenting on spreadsheet
- Assisting with follow up calls to GI offices
- Fulfilling requests for additional materials
- Following applicable national office guidance for GI visits
- Familiarity with Crohn’s disease and/or ulcerative colitis
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to drive a personal vehicle up to distances of 75 miles one way
- Ability to work remotely
Estimated time commitment: 5 hours per week (will vary)
Compensation: Unpaid; however, assistance is available for transportation cards (e.g., gift cards to local gas stations)
Reports to: Regional Education Support Manger
If interested, please contact Jamie-Lee Diaz 561-218-2929 Option 1 Ext 8 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America is the largest public health nonprofit organization committed to finding cures for inflammatory bowel diseases. CCFA’s mission is to find cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.