Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter! We are proud to serve the 22,000+ constituents living in the state of Alabama and the Northwest panhandle of Florida.
- Take Steps Birmingahm - Saturday, June 1 - Homewood Central Park
- Take Steps Birmingham for Crohn's & Colitis is Alabama/NW Florida Chapters largest annual fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure. Our 2013 event is just around the corner! Register today and join thousands of others in the fight against digestive diseases. We're committed to help transform the lives of those impacted by these diseases to one of a brighter future based on well-funded, cutting-edge scientific research. Make the decision now to join us and take a step toward a future free from Crohn's and colitis! To register please visit www.cctakesteps.org/birmingham.
- Birmingham Patient Education Program - Tuesday, June 4 - Homewood Public Library
- "Workplace Rights for Patients with Crohn's and Colitis" presented by Jon C. Goldfarb
- Join the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America for a very special learning opportunity on Tuesday, June 4 at the Homewood Public Library. Mr. Jon C. Goldfarb, Attorney in Law with Wiggins, Childs, Quinn and Pantazi will be our guest presenter.
- Mr. Goldfarb will be reviewing legal rights for those with chronic conditions, specifically Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. This purpose of this program is to inform patients and their families and caregivers about their legal protections through the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you or a family member is affected by Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis this program is very important to attend to learn about what rights you have in regards to employment and your workplace.
- This program is free of charge to all registered participants. If you have questions please contact Justin Shugart at the Alabama Chapter of the CCFA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-387-2149. Refreshments will be provided.
Here's a quick look at what's happening this month in our chapter:
- IBD & Me Gulf Coast Support Group Meeting - Tuesday, May 7 @ 6:00PM (Mobile)
- IBD & Me Birmingham Support Group Meeting - Thursday, May 2 @ 6:00PM (Vestavia)
- IBD & Me Huntsville Support Group Meeting - Thursday, May 23 @ 6:00PM
- Take Steps Birmingham - Saturday, June 1 - 5:00-7:00PM (REGISTER)
- Birmingham Patient Education Program - Tuesday, June 4 - 6:00-8:00PM (REGISTER)
• The Alabama/NW Florida Chapter serves constituents throughout the state of Alabama and Northwest panhandle of Florida.
• We support Alabama/NW Florida patients and family members with education programs, support groups, community awareness and advocacy.
• Through our signature Take Steps Walk program, we engage over 1,000 participants annually who walk and fundraise for CCFA in Birmingham, Huntsville and along the Gulf Coast.
• Through our various fundraising and education programs, more than 5,000 people will donate or support the cause annually.