Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter! The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Since our founding over four decades ago, CCFA has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Today, we fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. We are very proud that the National Institutes of Health has commended us for "uniting the research community and strengthening IBD research."33,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
Take Steps Birmingham - Saturday, April 30, 2016
2016 Monthly Resource & Support Group Schedule
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Monday, February 1 - 6:30PM
- Mobile Support Group Meeting - Tuesday, February 2 - 6:00PM
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Thursday, February 4 - 6:30PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - February Meeting TBD
- Tuscaloosa Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE
- Huntsville Support Group Meeting - February Meeting TBD
- Please visit the Support Group tab for more information!
Take Steps Be Heard!
Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!