Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter! The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Since our founding over four decades ago, CCFA has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Today, we fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. We are very proud that the National Institutes of Health has commended us for "uniting the research community and strengthening IBD research."33,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- Want to see the impact CCFA made in 2015? Check out our 2015 Accomplishments!
- Mobile Patient Education Symposium - Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Take Steps Gulf Coast - Sunday, October 16, 2016
- Casino for a Cause - Thursday, November 10, 2016
Support Group Schedule:
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Monday of each month- 6:30PM
- Mobile Support Group Meeting - Meets on the second Tuesday of each month - 6:00PM
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Thursday of each month - 6:30PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - Meets on the second Thursday of each month - time and location vary
- Tuscaloosa Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE*
- Huntsville Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE*
Please visit the Support Group tab for more information!
*If you are interested in leading a support group in these areas please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session Dates: Sunday, June 19th - Friday, June 24th
- Host Site: Camp Will-A-Way - Winder, GA
- Campers: grades 2-10 in fall 2016 - Apply Now!*
- LITs: entering grades 11-12 in fall 2016 - Apply Now!*
- Volunteers: minimum of 19 years old - Apply Now!*
Camp Oasis is supported locally by:
Take Steps Be Heard!
Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!