Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter! The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Since our founding over four decades ago, CCFA has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Today, we fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. We are very proud that the National Institutes of Health has commended us for "uniting the research community and strengthening IBD research."
33,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- We are excited to announce the kickoff of a new Support Group in the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter. The Tuscaloosa Support Group will hold its first meeting on Thursday, May 21st at 6:30PM. We invite all of our IBD patients, family members and caregivers living in the Tuscaloosa community to attend. For more information, please visit the Tuscaloosa Support Group page.
- We are currently seraching for volunteers to serve as co-facilitators of our Huntsville Support Group. If you are interested in serving in this role please contact Justin Shugart (email@example.com) or Jamie-Lee Diaz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M. Join us for a Take Steps Walk in your Community!
Take Steps Birmingham - Saturday, May 30
Take Steps Huntsville - Sunday, October 4
Take Steps Gulf Coast - Sunday, October 18
The Alabama/NW Florida Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (CCFA) is proud to present the 5th Annual Casino for a Cause at Regions Field on Thursday, November 5, 2015. Proceeds from Casino for Cause will support CCFA mission critical research initiatives, education programs, Camp Oasis and additional support services for Alabamians living with Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis.
Casino for a Cause - Thursday, November 5
Upcoming Resource & Support Group Schedule
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Monday, May 4 - 6:30PM
- Mobile Support Group Meeting - Tuesday, May 5 - 6:00PM
- Birmingham Support Group Meeting - Thursday, May 7 - 6:00PM
- Tuscaloosa Support Group Meeting - Thursday, May 21 - 6:30PM
- Huntsville Support Group Meeting - Coming Soon!
- Please visit the Support Group tab for more information!
Take Steps Be Heard!
Join a walk for Crohn's & Colitis.
Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!